New announcement. Learn more


At PACE Limited, we prioritize a holistic approach to our projects, collaborating closely with our clients at every stage to bring their envisioned results to life.

We understand that many prospective clients have inquiries and concerns that they'd like addressed before initiating a project.

To provide clarity, we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions below for your reference.

Do you work in my area?

We cover all of Auckland, from Bombay to Puhoi, and the Waikato area.

What is a building consent?

A building consent is written permission from council that gives approval to carry out specific work on a specific site, which must apply with building regulations. A consent ensures that the proposed work is safe, durable and doesn’t endanger the health and safety of anyone using the building.

When do I need a building consent?

If you are undertaking any work that affects the structure, water-tightness or changes the use of a room or building you will need council permission by way of a building consent and / or resource consent.

Some building work is deemed to be ‘low-risk’ and therefore permitted to be done without a building consent.  However it is important to note that this work still needs to be completed in accordance with the Building Code which often means you still need to engage in professional qualified tradespeople.

Does my builder need to be a licensed building practitioner (LBP)?

If you undertake structural work or work that affects the weathertightness of a building, and the building is residential, then that work may be classified as Restricted Building Work. Restricted Building Work can only be done and/or supervised by a Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP).

Why do I need a code compliance certificate (CCC)?

A Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) is often requested by your bank when undertaking any renovation/remediation work, to ensure it has been completed. It will also usually be required by a future owner, or a future owners bank when you sell the property.

Under some circumstances a property may have had work completed in the past without a building consent, therefore it does not have a CCC, or a CCC cannot be issued.  In these situations a Certificate of Acceptance (COA) may instead be required to show verification for an owner, or future owner, that part or all of the certain building work complies with the Building Code.

Who is responsible for getting the necessary building consents/CCC’s etc?

The homeowner is responsible for obtaining any works carried out on their property, however PACE Ltd can and do work with council on your behalf to lodge all necessary consents, arrange the work that is required to get the property up to standard, and deal with any detail or technical questions the council may require. This can save you a lot of time and frustration.

How do I know if I have a problematic or leaky home?

If your property was built between the late 1980’s and the early 2000’s, and was built using plaster style monolithic cladding, it is at a high risk of being a leaky home. Mediterranean style buildings (with no eaves, exposed parapets, and flat roofs) are especially at risk of being leaky. Even if your home is currently not showing any physical signs of leaking, it does not mean it won’t leak in the future, so it is important to consider a thorough inspection and report of the building condition

We have a leaky home and are looking at selling. Should we fix the problem before putting the property on the market?

Yes. If you ignore the leaky issue you will soon discover that your home in its current state is reflected with a significantly lower value than similar properties in your neighbourhood.

We are looking to sell our home and know it does not have a final CCC. Should we get this before putting the property on the market?

Yes, the lack of a CCC may reduce the value of the property or your ability to sell. A potential purchaser may also have trouble obtaining bank lending or arranging insurance if the property does not have a CCC.

What insurance do I need when I renovate or reclad?

When you renovate, your home becomes more vulnerable. Depending on the scope and complexity of the project, sometimes it is open to the elements, other times the structure might be temporarily compromised.

Your usual house insurance policy won’t cover you for any loss or damage caused by renovations, particularly major projects, therefore it is important to talk to your home insurer and ensure you have cover in place while undertaking the renovations.

Contract Works Insurance (also known as Builders Risk Insurance) is an additional policy that works alongside your normal house insurance to cover any damage caused by or while your renovation work is being done.

PACE Ltd can assist you by putting you in touch with an insurance broker if you prefer us to help with additional cover.

Can PACE Ltd help with finance?

PACE can refer you to a finance broker to assist you with obtaining finance for your renovation / reclad project.


This product has been added to your cart